Smart Phone Monitoring Software
Buyer's guide - what to look for in Smart Phone Monitoring software
Smart phones - we all love them, right? Everywhere we go - from restaurants, public transport and our own living room, everyone seems to be tapping away on their smart phone screens.
But what are they all so engrossed in? The majority of smart phone activity is spent social networking. Exchanging messages via Facebook, Twitter and even the humble SMS is often great fun, but sometimes it can take on a more sinister side.
Who exactly is sending our children messages, and are they appropriate? Are old flames contacting your girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse with less than honourable intentions? Why is your partner receiving private messages late in the night? Why are your employees spending so much time on the smart phones while away from their desks?
If your children, partner or employees use an Apple, Android, Windows Mobile, or Symbian smart phone you can now find out exactly what they are doing, with or without their knowledge using smart phone monitoring software.
But how do you know whether the software will work and how easy it is to use? Here are the key features to look for when considering a purchase:
- Supported phones - the most important thing is to make sure your target mobile phone is supported. Platforms likely include Android, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone and Symbian. Some products are also compatible with Apple iPhones.
- Type of activity recorded - software should provide a log of all SMS messages and phone calls sent and received. Application activity should also be recorded such as web surfing and social networking activity.
- Track location - some software will automatically track the location of the phone via GPS so that you know exactly where it's been.
- Stealth mode - track activity without the users knowledge by running silently in the background, or disguised as another application or system process.
- Reporting ? where are activity report viewed. Often the software vendor will provide a secure online login where records can be viewed from any internet enabled computer.
- Multiple licences for business - if you are deploying on employees handsets make sure the software produces reports identifying the phone and that there are bulk discounts for multiple licences.
- Help and support - As with all software, sometimes you will require assistance. Whether it's a lost software key or software failure you should look for a responsive vendor. Comprehensive online help files or an active user forum are a must. Telephone or live-chat support are also recommended.